Also Known As: Front and Side Raises, Shoulder Raise
Main Muscle Worked: Shoulders
Mechanics Type: Isolation
Main Muscle: Shoulders
- In a standing position, hold a pair of dumbbells at your side.
- Keeping your elbows slightly bent, raise the weights directly in front of you to shoulder height, avoiding any swinging or cheating.
- Return the weights to your side.
- On the next repetition, raise the weights laterally, raising them out to your side to about shoulder height.
- Return the weights to the starting position and continue alternating to the front and side.