4 Reasons to include fiber in your diet
What was the advise that everyone gave you when you last had Gut problems? ‘’ Consume more Fiber in your Diet’’. Your Doctor always advises you to consume more fiber in your diet. Did you ever think about the reason behind this? Some also say that consuming High Fiber diet will make you lose weight. So is this all true? Let’s find out some interesting facts about fiber and its importance in your daily diet regime.
What is Fiber
Dietary Fiber, also known as roughage, is an indigestible form of carbohydrates that is found in foods, mostly in plants. Based on the solubility in water, Fiber is categorized as Soluble Fiber, which dissolves in water and can be metabolized in the Gut. And Insoluble Fiber, which does not dissolve in water. Fiber is categorized based on other properties as well. There are different types of Fibers which are metabolized in different ways by the ‘Good Bacteria’ in the Gut. The General recommendation for a healthy male is to consume 38 gms of fiber daily, while for women , it is 25 gms daily. Sources of Fiber include Whole Grains, fruits and vegetables.
Why is Fiber Important
A large number of bacteria lives in our intestine, especially large intestine, which is also known as Gut flora. This Bacteria is actually good bacteria as it helps in digestion as well as making some important substances like Vitamin K which helps in Blood clotting . What happens when you eat Fiber ? Since human body does not produce enzymes to digest fiber, it reaches Large Intestine where it serves as a Food for the good bacteria. Therefore, Fiber act as Prebiotics and feed the Good Bacteria in your Gut and helps in increasing this bacteria.
Benefits of Fiber Rich Diet
- There are evidence that show that High Fiber diet helps in Weight Loss. Increase in Dietary Fiber automatically reduces the calorie intake of a person, thereby creating a calorie deficit. As per a study published by USDA Human Nutrition Research Center, ‘’ Under conditions of fixed energy intake, study indicates that an increase in either soluble or insoluble fiber intake increases post meal satiety and decreases subsequent hunger’’.
- Since High Fiber Food tend to have Low Gycemic Index, they cause smaller Spikes in blood sugar. This is important if you have blood sugar issues and consume a high carb diet. Choose a diet that contains more Fiber so that maximum of your carbohydrates come in the form of Low GI Carbs and your Blood sugar levels remain considerable stable.
- In a controlled trail study published by American Society for Clinical Nutrition, the human subject were able to reduce the total as well as LDL Cholesterol. Though the effect isn’t very large, yet High Fiber diet does help in lowering cholesterol.
- Fiber has proven to ease the problem of Constipation. In a diet like Keto, people face major issue like constipation since they struggle to consume enough dietary Fiber in the form of vegetables. According to a review of study published by Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, soluble Fiber can help in reducing constipation , while insoluble Finer generally has negligible effects.
Most weight loss cases are driven by desperation to burn off the kilos as fast as possible. While it's good to start taking control of your life, but the thing is that you can't lose all the weight.
CLA, short for Conjugated Linoleic Acid, is another ‘so called’ Fat
burning supplement that sells like hot cakes in the supplement shops. I have even seen bodybuilders and health coaches recommending this
supplement to people for quick fat loss.
Many diets rely on the theory of fasting as the core of the process. This includes avoiding foods during certain times, skipping meals, restricting your diet to certain foods or consuming no solid foods.
The fitness supplement industry just doesn't rest. There is always something new being launched, stuff that promises miraculous weight loss solutions and more. The latest is something called 'yohimbe'.
While many people are caught up in the world of wanting to lose weight, there’s a smaller group of people who are trying to gain weight. For some, it’s the desire to add muscle mass to their frame.
Testosterone, well, every gym rat is familiar with this term. By definition, Testosterone is a hormone - a chemical messenger - that is responsible for the development of male sexual characteristics.
First, Let’s understand what exactly is whey protein ? Whey protein is a mixture of globular proteins isolated from whey, the liquid material created as a by-product of cheese production.
1) Distance Running - Headphones tucked in and there they go, ruining their joints and elevating the stress hormone levels. The most they lose is muscle, while they think it is the ‘fat’ that they are killing.
If you haven’t already included oats in your breakfast, here are 5 science based reasons to do so.
1. Oats Help In Controlling Blood Sugar Levels....
Exercise during pregnancy provides numerous benefits to both expectant mothers and their Fetuses.
For the mothers, exercise improves fitness, prevents urinary incontinence and back pain, and lessens
swelling and constipation.